Wednesday 19 March 2014

Barcelona Blog - Day 1

Hi everyone!! Hope you are all well, happy and healthy. I thought I would try and do daily blogs of my Barcelona trip, I'm not a video person so can't do vlogs (sorry). Enjoy! 

I'm here in sunny Barcelona with my mum and brother. Needed some proper sunshine and a nice getaway. I love travelling and love exploring different cultures and cities, and Barcelona seemed appropriate. I'm blessed enough to have the opportunity to travel all over the world with my family. I love the whole experience of travelling; packing my bags, studying the tourist maps, walking around getting lost and chilling at lovely trendy cafés and hotels. I still find the whole aeroplane flying thing amazing!! Being up in the air among the clouds... :-)  



We're here for 4 days and hoping to fit as much as we can. We're staying at Novotel City Barcelona, just a few stops from the central area. I'm a trip advisor freak so I researched the hotel before I booked it and I'm so happy with my choice. We have a lovely executive suite room, it's nice and roomy, modern and clean.  The hotel is only 4 years old so everything is more or less very new.

After reaching the hotel and freshening up we went to the Sagrada Familia which was only about 15 minutes walk away, it allowed us to explore the surrounding area a bit too. Then we took the metro to Park Guell. These were both part of Antonio Gaudi's work, which was beautiful to just sit and look at and analyse. Sightseeing can be very rush rush, I like to take a moment sit, chill and take in the culture and atmosphere. At Park Guell we walked all the way to the top, which was a great workout, it felt like a hiking trip with the steep hills and steps surrounded by beautiful scents and scenes of pretty colourful flowers and plants. I think we all burned more than enough of the days calories!! Yay!! 



I've taken most of my pics on my camera which I can only upload once I get back home, so sorry for the lack of pics, I'll try to take more on my phone which I'll be able to upload. I don't want to make this too long, hope you enjoyed a little preview of the start of my mini holiday. Let me know if you liked it and what you would to hear more or less off. I'll be including more food stuff from tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the hotel breakfast! I've heard good things... ;-) 

Be Happy! Be Healthy! 

By Ayshabibi H. 
Writing from Barcelona, Spain. 
19th March 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment