Tuesday 12 November 2013

RECIPE: Healthy Oat and Raisin Cookies

Oat and raisin cookies are my absolute favourite! I always choose this combo, so I went on the hunt for a healthy version of this yummy chewy cookie. And here I am going to share it with you all! They are nutritious, chewy and have no butter, and SO easy to make. 


So, you may be wondering what did I use instead of butter, well there are quiet a few healthy butter alternatives for baking, and the one I chose for this recipe is Greek yoghurt. Yes, I know, you may be thinking eww, yoghurt in cookies?? Have I gone mad? Well no, because you can not taste it at all! They taste the same as if it had butter, but without the fat, how great is that? If you don't want to use Greek yoghurt, then other healthy alternatives of butter are, mashed avocado, canola oil and coconut oil. 

The cookies contain all healthy ingredients you won't have to feel guilty! So make sure you have a try, send me your pics and let me know what you think!

INGREDIENTS
25g low-fat Greek yoghurt – I used Total Greek yoghurt.
50g Stevia – natural sweetener
1 tbsp honey
1 egg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
50g wholemeal flour
80g rolled oats
50g raisins
1 tsp baking powder

METHOD:
1.      Pre heat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2.      Mix yoghurt with stevia, until smooth. 
3.      Add honey, egg, cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
4.      In another bowl mix flour, oats, baking powder and raisins.
5.      Mix in wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
6.      Heap on a tablespoon of the mixture onto a baking tray.
7.      Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden on the edges.
8.      Take out and cool on wire rack.
9.      Enjoy with milk!

*You can add different toppings instead of raisins, like, dark chocolate chips, orange zest, mixed dried fruit. Whatever takes your fancy.



By Ayshabibi H. ANutr
A H Nutritionist
12th November 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment