Tuesday 29 April 2014

Interactive Health Check


It's important to get a health check regularly and I have not had one in while, so when my mum told me about the machine at the Hackney Service Centre (behind the town hall), I knew I had to go! I went today and here is how it went. 




When you go there from the side entrance (opp the cafe), you will be welcomed by a black machine like the picture below. It's called an Interactive Health Check Kiosk, it's a self-service check where you stand on the machine and follow the instructions where you will need to fill in some information and answer some questions about yourself. It checks the following things:
  • Height
  • Weight
  • BMI
  • Blood Pressure
  • Heart Rate
  • Body Fat
  • Total Body Water
You can also check your 'Boomerang' results, where you will need answer some questions about lifestyle and it will give you a visual chart on how you scored. You can also input your mood. At the end you get a printout of your results which is cool and a nice thing to look over and from this you can see what your are doing right and/or wrong. 

Here's a printout of my results, on my Boomerang test it says:

"Your scored highest on Diet and lowest on Exercise." - guess I need to up my physical activity, although I have been walking a lot more recently. :-) 


It's a free service you do not need to pay any money, so if you want to find out more about your body and health, head down to the Hackney Service Centre, 1 Hillman St, London, E8 1DY. I am not sure how long it is there for. It was really fun to do and only tales about 10 minutes. They will email you your results too! If you go back and do it regularly, you can track your progress, as they will ask you to create a account, simply by entering your email address and creating a password. 

If you don't live in Hackney, visit the Wellbeing People's website to find one near you:


Please note: these results are for guidance only, it is not a diagnostic device, seek medical advice from your GP if you have any questions about your results. 



By Ayshabibi H. 
A H Nutritionist
29th April 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment