Monday 3 November 2014

WORKSHOP: Healthy Food Art

In my mission to promote healthy eating to the younger generation and help children build healthy habits from a young age, I got a great opportunity to deliver a healthy workshop and I decided to do it on healthy food art. It was a great success and so much fun. 
I had often seen shapes and pictures made with fruit, vegetables and other healthy food items and I wanted to get the chance to make it happen myself. Kids are so creative and I knew this would bring out some great art work. 

The workshop was held at Ihsan Children's Centre, in Stoke Newington, N16 on Tuesday 28th October 2014. It was part of an event called Family Learning Festival run by The Learning Trust. Different workshops are held around Hackney like, jewellery making, hair braiding, and my healthy food art workshop. 

My aim was to allow parents and children to see healthy food in a different light and encourage them to eat healthy but I got so much more. I got adults and children to work together and inspire one another to create some great art work, I also was reminded how creative and imaginative the young mind can be. 

Here are some photos of the fun creative artwork made on the day: 






      

If you would like me to deliver a similar workshop in your school or centre, simply contact me to arrange a date. Email me for more information: info@ahnutritionist.co.uk

Be Happy! Be Healthy! 


By Ayshabibi H.
A H Nutritionist
3rd November 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment