Thursday 5 December 2013

RECIPE: Oaty Protein Pancakes


You probably all know by now how much I love pancakes, I am always experimenting and trying to make it more yummy and healthy. I love having pancakes for breakfast especially in the weekend, I do prefer my sweet fruit topped pancakes but I am growing fonder of the savoury ones too. My spinach and feta pancakes are divine! If I do say so myself...check out my savoury pancake recipes. 




My mum asked me to make a low-carb, high protein pancake, so I got looking for some recipes that would be easy, healthy and family friendly. Here’s what I came up with;



Mum’s low-carb pancakes
200g Oats
1tbsp fat free Greek yoghurt
150ml Almond Milk
1 Egg
1 tsp stevia (natural sweetener)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)

Blend all the ingredients together to form a nice batter. Pour onto a hot plate or frying pan, let it cook, you may need to dab the pan with a little oil, use a kitchen towel to minimise the amount of oil you use. You will see bubbles forming on the pancake and the edges will turn a nice soft brown. Now it’s ready to turn over, flip the pancake! Let it cook on the other side. Place on a pretty plate and top with your favourite fruits, nuts and seeds.


To make this recipe a bit more wholesome and family friendly, I added some wholemeal flour. It’s more or less the same but add some extra body to the pancakes. I love cinnamon; I feel it gives the pancake that little extra oomph!

50g Wholemeal four
80g Oats
250ml Almond milk
1 egg
1 tsp stevia (natural sweetener)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)

-> Same method as above.

What do you like on your pancakes? Do you prefer sweet or savoury? Let me know I would love to hear from you. 


By Ayshabibi H. 
A H Nutritionist
5th December 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment