Monday 23 January 2012

You have to work hard for what you want...

In the past few weeks I have been thinking about something and it keeps on coming back to me. It’s something that I have learnt about and known about for a while but now I am actually getting to realise and understand it, as I feel that I am discovering the importance of it in my own life.






The thing that I am starting to realise is, the older you get the harder you have to work to keep your body and health in check. People say that the older you get the harder it is to lose weight. The older you get the harder your body has to work, that is why you have to make that extra bit of effort to make a difference.

Like me, if you are making small changes, take a moment to look back to see how much you have actually changed and what difference it has made, you may surprise yourself with how much you have actually changed, I know I have. Small changes really do make a big difference, whether it is physically, psychologically or even personally.


It’s not always easy, you’ll have your good days and you bad days, but make sure you have more good days than bad. Try and stick to the 80/20 rule, this will help your mental state and give you some leniency and you won’t be beating yourself up every time you fall down. Remember, everything in moderation, but make sure you level of moderation is actually moderate and not moderately excess!

But don’t slack as you get older, persevere with your healthy habits, it’ll get easier and you’ll be grateful in the long run for a healthy lifestyle. You may come across a disease or illness which at the end of the day is in God’s hands but you should feel like you did your best and you did all you could do to get the best possible result. Don’t have any regrets. Live healthily and have faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment